What is your Process like?
- Schedule and appointment – Provide an email address for a link to the client portal.
- Link to client portal will be sent to your email
- Complete all necessary paperwork online, from the comfort of your own home.
- 1st Session – Intake and Expectations
- 2nd Session – Treatment Plan Development
- Includes the anticipated length of treatment
- Follow up sessions
What are your Expectations?
A session usually lasts 50 minutes. I recommend weekly sessions to begin with and then a further determination will be made as treatment continue. Between sessions, clients are encouraged to think about and process what was discussed. At times, you may be asked to do something specific outside of the therapy sessions, such as reading a relevant book or keeping records. For the therapy to “work,” you must be an active participant, both during and between the therapy sessions.
What Benefits are Available?
A number of benefits are available from participating. Often it is helpful just to know that someone understands. Counseling can provide a fresh perspective on a difficult problem or point you in the direction of a solution. The benefits you obtain from counseling depend on how well you use the process and put into practice what you learn.
What Insurance do you accept?
I am primarily a private pay provider and would be happy to discuss further at time of scheduling. I do accept Aetna and United.